Thin Film Intumescent coatings & SFRM systems provide critical passive fire protection to structural steel for the construction industry.
Thin Film Intumescent Coatings
Jotun products encompass over thirty years of experience in design, testing and manufacture of corrosion and fire protection. This knowledge has enabled Zone to sell a wide range of intumescent coatings that will provide architects and engineers with realistic solutions to the potential problems caused to steel structures by corrosion and fire hazards
Zone & Jotun provide a world-class range of intumescent coatings for structural steelwork up to 120 minutes. Being part of a protective coatings package with Jotun, enables us to provide robust solutions and importantly, meaningful warranties.
- Independently tested to BS476.21, AS 4100,
- Tested and assessed to EN13381-8 and EN13381-9
- Manufactured under International Standards ISO 9001 and ISO 9014
- Fire Resistance Ratings of 30,60,90 and 120 mins
- Water-based, Solvent and Epoxy products in range
- Strong ‘in service” performance
- System & product warranties available
Jotun intumescent coatings are only applied by our preferred applicator network. For applicators in your region, please call us to discuss your requirement.
SFRM (Sprayed Fire-Resistant Material)
Sprayed Fire-Resistive Material (SFRM) is the technical term used for Spray Applied Fireproofing. It is a type of passive fireproofing used in buildings to delay or prevent steel and concrete structures from failing due to exposure to high temperatures during a fire. The primary function of SFRM is to insulate steel and metal decking from the high temperatures generated during a fire, but it also has thermal and acoustical properties and controls condensation.
SFRM is composed of cement or gypsum and may contain other materials such as mineral wool, quartz, perlite, or vermiculite to help lighten the solution or to add air as an insulator. Chemical hardeners may be used to speed up hardening or make the final fireproofing harder than normal. It is available as a wet or dry spray formula and can be troweled on. Modern formulas are asbestos-free and do not contain free crystalline silica.
- Meet the requirements of various building codes and standards, including BS 476, AS 1530.4, ASTM E119, and UL 263.
- Provide up to 240mins FRR Fire Protection on a range of substrates.
- Isolatek Type 400 and MII are highly durable and can withstand exposure to the elements, making it a long-lasting fire protection solution for buildings.
- Can be easily sprayed onto building components, making it a convenient and efficient fire protection solution.
The best product for the right situation
With our unique range of intumescent paint coatings and SFRM systems, Zone has a product for all New Zealand conditions. Our specification service ensures that we choose the best products for the right site conditions. Our technical knowledge will assist in making those choices, relative to the environmental conditions as guided by AS/NZS 2312:2014. With over 10 years of successful project history in NZ, our range is a solid choice by specifiers.
Recommended Primers & Topcoats
Zone have recommended (but not limited to) a range of primers that are under our intumescent coatings when applied in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. (Refer Technical section or contact one of our team for more info) It is always recommended that high performance intumescent is used in conjunction with high performance primers and acceptable methods of surface preparation.
Please use the filters below to assist with finding the most suitable product. Or call Zone for assistance.